What’s a sure fire way to get you motivated about property investing, learn lots and have fun at the same time?
Go on a property road trip!
Recently, a friend and fellow investor, Jo and I decided to go on a property road trip, taking in parts of the Hunter Valley in NSW. Jo and I spent a full day scoping out the Maitland area and surrounding suburbs. We then met with Jo Chivers from Property Bloom the next day, who specialises in property development project management in the region. Jo Chivers showed us around several of her projects which was absolutely awesome!
We drove to Sydney and then spent the next day doing a full day property investing course with Jane Slack Smith from Investor’s Choice Mortgages and Your Property Success. Not only did we have the benefit of the very knowledgeable Jane Slack-Smith imparting so much wisdom and experience upon us but we also had the benefit of meeting some successful investors in Daniel Young from BInvested and Jacob Field from Ripehouse.
I’ll be writing up more articles on this adventure, but I firstly wanted to convey the benefits of this type of ‘property immersion therapy’ for current property investors and aspiring property investors.
Property immersion therapy is where you immerse yourself in information, people and activities related to property investing. The benefits of doing this are that it dramatically increases your knowledge, motivation and your likelihood of taking action. And best of all it does this in a very short space of time.
For our little burst of property immersion therapy we took an interstate road trip, attended a course, stayed at a lovely B&B and ate out at some lovely restaurants, but you don’t have to spend a lot of money or go very far to have your own property immersion experience! Here are a few examples of things you could do:
- Spend a day scoping out a suburb or location that you are interested in – drive around the streets, drive by some of the houses for sale, attend some open for inspections.
- Get together with some friends who are interested in property and ‘talk shop’!
- Spend some time reading the property investment magazines.
- Spend some time on the internet researching some potential locations for your investing.
- Spend some time sitting down, thinking about and writing down your goals and your strategy.
- Combine any or all of these things.
So, if you want to dramatically increase your knowledge and motivation then plan your own property immersion therapy!